Friday, February 1, 2008

The Chowder Bowl


With the Super Bowl taking place this Sunday, I felt it my duty to write about America's favorite sporting event. And while I have no interest in or knowledge of football, I do enjoy the commercials, halftime show and unhealthy food that accompany the big game. So if you're like me, here are a few things to look forward to on Super Bowl Sunday.
  • New England vs. Manhattan clam chowder. Show your team pride via soup.

  • Justin Timberlake is starring in a Pepsi ad with that adorable Andy Samberg.

  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are playing the halftime show. Who doesn't love Tom Petty? It's practically un-American not to.

  • Pigs in blankets.
What's your favorite Super Bowl snack? Who put on your favorite halftime show?

4 comments:

  1. new england vs. clam chowder!
    that's amazing! i would have never thought of that!
    i like your piggies in a blanket an will miss them. i also like anything chocolate, whoa, deja vu, did i already mention chocolate on this blog?
    my favorite commercial is the cowboys that wrangle cats and not cows, that one was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can forget the 1/2 time show that wouldn't go away, Janet Jackson and uh who was the guy?? lol
    The SoHo is a cook at heart, just like her Daddy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. nora,
    this is for you http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care about football, but have attended parties just for the food and the commercials! The only time of year I look forward to commercials. Why can't baseball get better commercials for the World Series? Who will take up that cause? Keep the ideas coming! I'm loving the results.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips