Monday, March 3, 2008

Crock Pot Comfort


On a cold, rainy day, there's nothing better than coming home to the smell of a meal that's been cooking for hours. The crock pot is a great gadget, especially during the winter, and is an easy way to prepare many meals, including one of my favorite comfort dishes, beef stroganoff.

Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2 pounds London broil or round steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, chopped
4 to 6 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 cups of water
1 cup sour cream

Preparation:
Brown meat in pan and drain off grease. Combine meat and all other ingredients, except sour cream, and pour into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Stir sour cream into hot meat mixture about 10 minutes before serving. Serve over cooked egg noodles (my favorite), fettuccine, rice or mashed potatoes.


Chili, beef stew, spaghetti sauce -- what's your favorite crock pot dish?

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that smell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i should get to know a crock pot. that recipe sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!! I just saved this recipe.

    I am a new crock pot user. I used to be scared I'd burn down the house, now I want to use it for everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, Nora and Cupcake Monkey:
    Glad you are feeling the crock pot love. Let me know if you try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...this is my new favorite crockpot dish now! This looks so comforting, now that it's cold again in Seattle! It's always so cruel when you have a few warm days then it gets cold again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips