Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Sweets: Caramelized Pineapple with Coconut Sorbet


This dessert combines three of my food loves: pineapple, coconut and brown sugar. It's rich, yummy and fast -- perfect for a weeknight sweet fix.

Caramelized Pineapple With Coconut Sorbet
Recipe courtesy of Real Simple

Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 pineapple, cored and cut into 8 half-moons (or 4 canned pineapple rings, cut in half)
1 pint coconut sorbet

Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (the butter and sugar will remain separated). Add the pineapple and cook, swirling the pan, until the pineapple is tender and the sauce is smooth, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve the pineapple with the sorbet and drizzle with the sauce.

3 comments:

  1. mmm jammie!
    That looks good!!
    i'll try the recipe, my mom would love it!

    Thanks,
    Greets Karlijn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH
    MY
    GOSH

    I soooooo love the sounds of this and want to make it next weekend! Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I am going to have to include it in the menu for my next dinner party. I am sure my guests will be thanking you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips