Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sweet Treat: Bubble Waffle


TKettle is a little tea shop on St. Mark's Place, a street in New York you should visit if you're in the market for a piercing or a pair of fingerless pleather gloves. While the tea is the main attraction, they also make a bubble waffle using a special waffle iron. It's thin and chewy and has pockets of puffy goodness all drizzled in honey or topped with whipped cream if you prefer. Much like bubble tea, it's sort of a novelty, but it's tasty and fun to eat. It also goes nicely with a sweet, milky tea. I passed on the bubbles this time because I had just read a story saying they may contain carcinogens, and I don't like balls of tapioca that much. For now, I'll just keep the bubbles in my waffles.

9 comments:

  1. Gooood mornin! I will have to try these. Their cute factor makes them so edibly appealing. I tried bubble tea for the first time ever this summer and was totally not impressed. In my head i pictured something zen and healthy but what i got was sooo sweet that there was no zenness in my sugar induced jitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the market for a piercing or fingerless pleather gloves, its so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in San Francisco, there was a place in my neighborhood that made these, but unfortunately they were right next door to the best ice cream shop around, and I could never quite convince myself to pass up ice cream. Next time I'm in New York, I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! I like how you can eat the waffle with chopsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those waffles look awesome. I am not too happy about the news on the bubbles, I love bubble tea. I will have to investigate that further.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait what even... This looks like so much fun! It's like edible bubble wrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these waffles look bubblicious
    but hey if i ate just a few
    i am sure i would have a
    bubble butt aaargh... x ***

    ReplyDelete
  8. These waffles look amazing–and now I have a good reason to beg John for rice instead of tapioca pudding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips